Lake Atitlan Ridge Hike Adventure
Your chance to
- Hike and old volcanic peak and enjoy amazing panoramic views
- Enjoy some of the best views of Lake Atitlan and the volcanoes
- Hike on a very ancient non touristic trail
- Enjoy the collection of exotic birds at the lake area
- All Transportation for listed Activities
- Professional bilingual guide
- Admission fees if required
At a glance
- This day trip excursion is based from Lake Atitlan
- See wildlife in its natural environment
- Enjoy the beautiful landscape as you ascend
- Go through corn fields and see beautiful landscape
What’s Not Included
- Lunch Gratuities for your guide / driver
- Personal expenses
- Travel Insurance
- Visas or vaccinations
Lake Atitlan Ridge Hike – “El Pico de Cielo”
- Recommended Starting Time: 6:00.am. or 8:00.am.
- Ending time: 12:00pm
A representative of Voltan Adventures will meet you at your hotel lobby; from here you will start your adventure! The hike starts from the village of Santa Cruz la Laguna on the northern shore of Lake Atitlan on the mountain side of the Pumpaten canyon, the trail was used by our ancient Mayan people in order to reach to nearby markets. The trail is mainly dry vegetation oak and pine trees still see remains of the old volcanic crater, located at an altitude of 2200mts. above sea level, reaching the peek after a hike of 2.5hrs. When you get to the top you will be able to rest take pictures and have time for a snack, later we will either walk down on the same path going up or take a ride in the back of a pick-up truck adventure that will take you back to your hotel.
Note: please contact us for an actual price of this hike as usually it depends from your hotel location since most of the time we have to add additional boat rides and the number of participants.
- Half day adventure hike
- Hiking Shoes / Convertible Pants
- Waterproof jacket in case it rains (May, June, August, September or October)
- Have a copy of your Passport with you
- Hat & Sun protection cream
- Bring Snack / 2 litters of Water
“You must take this Hike!”
I went on the hike of Pico de Cielo with Pedro and Isaias a few weeks ago and it will be an experience I will never forget! While the hike up the volcano was vigorous and challenging, it was made all the better with the help and guidance of these two men. Each were very knowledgable about the history, culture, and vegetation of the area around Lake Atitlan which helped to enhance the experience. I loved this tour and I can’t wait to go back to do it again!
“Hike to El Pico de Cielo”
Our hike with Pedro to Pico de Cielo was one of the highlights of our trip to Lake Atitlan, Guatemala. We had the opportunity to experience traveling through Guatemala as the locals do, and we met local Maya families as they were working together harvesting food and preparing it for market. The beauty of the countryside, the laughter of the Maya people, and the views of Lake Atitlan from Pico de Cielo have stayed with me to this day, along with stories told by Pedro about the Maya people. This adventure really is a gem, as is Pedro.
“Great Hike and Village Tour”
We had two outings, both with Domingo. The first day, we hiked El Pico de Cielo and a few days later we toured San Juan. Both times, Domingo was friendly, patient & helpful with our Spanish, knowledgeable about where we were and I felt totally comfortable with him the whole time. I’d definitely recommend him and the company.
“Fantastic Tour & Tour Guide”
A group of 7 of us booked a tour “El Pico de Cielo” with Adventure Atitlan. Pedro was a fantastic guide and the tour was everything it was promised to be and so much more. The hike and the fantastic views from the “Pico” were amazing, but the best part was Pedro’s knowledge of the area, the history and the culture. We received so much more than we anticipated and thoroughly enjoyed every minute of the day. Pedro went out of his way to be sure we were all comfortable and happy.
I highly recommend this tour and this tour agency!!
- Is this hike recommended for very beginners? No, usually we recommend at least some experience or in good shape
- Is there an alternative hike if I do not want to do the challenging Hike? Yes, we have an excellent alternative to go to the same peak!
- Can I add this tour on may way to Antigua or other destination from Lake Atitlan? Yes
- When is good time to do this hike? Any time during the year
- Can my kids between 6 – 10 years old do this hike? We have a different trail and it is better for kids
- Is the view better that volcano San Pedro? Yes
Book Now – Inquire for this Tour